Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Grandpas Funeral


My dad dedicated the grave site






Ardis at the family prayer
Kids at the viewing
I debated whether I should post this or not but decided that considering this is my form of a family history it needs to be included. I love my Grandpa Bitner with all of my heart and him going was really difficult for me. My very most favorite memory to revisit of Grandpa is that every single time he would see me he would say (with his famous twinkle in his eye) "there's my girl!" and follow it up with a giant bear hug. I felt like I was the most loved and important little girl in all the world! I WAS his girl! Later I found out that he said this to many of my cousins and he made all of us feel as special as I did. What a special special man! He is going to be a great asset where he is now and I am so grateful to have had as much time with him as we did.

No comments: